Monday, December 2, 2013

Finals Week(s): Grad School Edition

After an incredibly tumultuous fourteen weeks, the final two weeks of the semester have arrived with a vengeance.

Below is my game plan for survival.

Playlist
"Roar" by Katy Perry
The Mary Tyler Moore Show theme song
"Applause" by Lady Gaga
Any Christmas song by Amy Grant
"Miracles Happen" by Myra (You know, the last song in The Princess Diaries movie...when Michael kisses Mia and she finally gets her real foot-popping kiss? That song)
via
Caffeine Sources
Diet Coke
Crystal Light Energy packets
Any bit of coffee I can get my hands on


Sources of Happiness
Buying myself tulips (#singlegirlproblems)
Online shopping
Bath and Body Works "Fresh Balsam" candle
Watching YouTube clips from The Mindy Project
Quick but encouraging phone calls and texts from friends who still like me despite my nervy b's
My new Lilly Pulitizer planner (it is perfect)

Sleep
List of things more likely to happen:

  • Hugh Jackman appearing with his American Express card and demanding to take me on a shopping spree
  • A handsome stranger approaching me in Starbucks because he has fallen in love with me at first sight
  • Casually losing 20 pounds
  • Kate Middleton and Prince William asking me to be the royal nanny

Wish me luck, bloggers!

2 comments:

  1. I love you more likely to happen list!! I am freaking over finals now too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh didn't you know that my new nanny job actually IS the royal nanny??? Also I'm so glad we both ditched our planners for something better. Mine just shipped from my fave Etsy shop, and it's the size of a notebook so I can keep both myself and my two kiddos organized! (I cannot wait to get back into using terms like "my kiddos" and "my babies" - even though they are 3 and 7)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.