Sunday, March 2, 2014

Every Woman

Let's pretend I am super wise and know more than an ounce about womanhood for the duration of this post.

Sound good?

Let us proceed!

Every woman should...

Own the complete series of Sex and the City. No matter what you're muddling your way through, there is a SATC episode that covers it. Please be aware though that you may fall prey to Mr. Big Syndrome. Most Mr. Big characters out there will always be jerks. Stick with the Aidans of the world instead.
Isn't it beautiful?
Keep a bottle of champagne chilling in the refrigerator. You never know when there will be something to celebrate (surviving Monday...perfecting the ever problematic smoky eye...getting in a good workout...these are all occasions worth celebrating)!

Read at least one Jane Austen novel.
I dare you not to love these books.
Take more bubble baths. Preferably with a good book in hand.
via
Have a celebrity crush. Mine is Hugh Jackman (just incase I hadn't made that clear in 1230981230913 posts prior to this).

Moisturize. My personal favorite is Olay Quench Body Lotion. It even has tiny bits of SHIMMER in it so your skin literally sparkles! 
via
Watch The Mindy Project and Girls.
via
via
Treat herself to the occasional extravagant gift.* Have your eye on a pair of L.K. Bennett heels? Lusting after that David Yurman ring? Go for it. 

*Be careful not to overdo this one and become Becky Bloomwood. Or me. 
via
Order a Starbucks drink without anything light (at least every now and then). Don't even hold the whipped cream!

Buy herself flowers. I try to keep a vase of fresh flowers on my nightstand all of the time. Tulips bring me the most happiness.

Have friends that love her and accept her for exactly who she is.  


And, as Oscar Wilde said, "Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

4 comments:

  1. This post is beautiful and very much Jenna!! I agree with all the things on this list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all of these! I have the complete Sex and the City series! Do you have a favorite season or place to start? Also, I love the Mindy Project and shimmery lotion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely perfect, Jenna! I could not agree more!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO true!! I need more bubble baths in my life. yay to being a girlie girl!! So fun. I love this post and am happy to see you taking care of YOU! xo

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.