I have thought and thought about the perfect blog post to describe the experience, but every time I sit down to write about it, I can't seem to properly put it into words.
Instead, I've come up with a list of highlights from the exhibit.
- The exhibit covered Diana's entire life. Childhood toys, report cards, home movies...all of these things seemed to show just how much joy Diana always had.

via - There was an entire room full of Diana's most iconic outfits. They even included photos or videos of her wearing each respective ensemble. I couldn't believe we were actually seeing Diana's stunning garments from Chanel, Catherine Walker, and Jacques Azagury. It was extraordinary.

This was one of the Jacques Azagury dresses on display! - Every little story and anecdote shared about Diana told what a truly kind and genuine person she was. One of the designers reminisced about a time he asked Diana if she could autograph something for the seamstress who worked on one of her gowns. Diana went so far as to autograph a photo and have it framed for the woman.

via - There was an entire room dedicated to Diana's philanthropy, and all I could think about as I saw her hugging AIDS victims (during a time when people thought the virus could be transmitted through contact) or walking through fields that were potentially filled with land mines was how courageous and brave this woman was.

via - When we arrived in the wedding room, my breath was literally taken away as they had her actual wedding gown -including the 25 foot train- on display in a glass box. Photos and even video from the wedding day were on all of the surrounding walls, and even my mom (who hardly ever cries) had tears in eyes. It was awing.

Stunning.
If you have a chance to check out the Princess Diana exhibit before it heads back to England in August (Cincinnati is its last stop- wild!), I totally recommend that you do.
Gosh.
I wonder if my chills will ever properly go away after seeing all of that.
What an incredible experience! I loved her!
ReplyDelete