Saturday, April 26, 2014

Bark for Life

About a month ago, I received an email at work about Cincinnati's "Bark for Life" event.

Hurrah! For once I had the appropriate plus one to bring along!

So, I marked the day in my planner and signed Ellie and myself up.

I woke up early this morning (meaning 7am...which I do think is early for a Saturday) and drove west to pick up Miss Eleanor May.

She was still sleeping when I walked into my parents' house. And she was not amused.

Please see the below photo for a visual of how angry she felt towards me.

The morning was a total blast though.

We had beautiful weather—the sort of perfect spring day that only comes around every so often.

Ellie mostly behaved herself.

For the first half an hour or so, she was a bit too jumpy and excited, but she eventually wore herself out. Best of all, she was very nice when interacting with the other dogs. It's always a relief to have a pet who gets along well with others!

Ellie even sat patiently in the grass and watched as a police dog gave a stellar demonstration!

Of course, she was also a bit of a diva and demanded to drink from a bottle of water rather than use the communal water bowl.

But I really cannot blame her for that.

It was so neat being able to raise money for the American Cancer Society with Ellie! A very cool experience indeed!

2 comments:

  1. I love when you post about your puppy! She's so cute. I love that she only wanted bottled water. Serious #divadog haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of Ellie! That first one of her is so cute. I liked how you added she wasn't happy you woke her up! Ha

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.